National Accounts Manager
The National Accounts Manager is responsible for supporting the growth and the maintenance of client contracts through establishing and implementing corporate contracts with group purchasing organizations (GPO), independent distribution networks (IDN), Health Systems and specified hospital account management assignments. The National Accounts Manager will collaborate with client field sales organization in regards to these activities in order to maximize the corporate contract objectives.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with key GPO, IDN, Health Systems and hospital staff in order to achieve contractual goals and objectives.
- Assist clients field personnel in their effort to implement specific contractual sales programs and goals through direct contact and co-travels (if needed).
- Analyze contract requests and make recommendations for these requests that will include: service fees, terms and conditions based on contracting parameters established by and with the General Manager of Hospital Strategy.
- Make sales presentations on existing and new client products and support programs to key GPO, IDN, Health System and hospital staff, personnel, surgeons either independently or in conjunction with the clients executive leadership and field sales management.
- Communicate routinely with contract administration, field management and senior management in order to prioritize sales goals and objectives.
- Conduct extensive analysis of client territories specific to corporate contracted accounts in order to determine the effectiveness of the contract at the account level and national trends.
- Communicate and coordinate routinely with business partners regarding contractual activities in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of sales experience calling on hospital departments including operating rooms, purchasing departments with implantable devices or surgical disposable products.
- 3 years of sales experience selling surgical products to surgeons including orthopedic, spine and neurosurgeons.
- 3 years of experience in recommending and implementing territorial account contracts.
- Demonstrated success in generating new sales and maintaining existing business.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Valid Driver License
- Direct interaction with GPO, IDN, Health Systems and hospital staff as it pertains to contractual activities.